National Eye Institute’s Simple Tips for Healthy Eyes
Performing corrective laser vision eye surgery to give patients a life without glasses is only possible when they first have healthy eyes to begin with.
It’s easy for a practice like ours to say this, but eye health is essential to overall wellness. Even if you wear glasses or contacts and don’t want procedures like LASIK, KAMRA inlay, or refractive lens exchange, be sure to do everything you can to care for your eyes and vision.
Katzen Eye Group offers comprehensive annual eye exams (which are much more extensive than simple vision acuity tests). Contact us if you’d like to know more about the health of your eyes… and how your eyes can give insight into your overall health and even predict early disease states.
NEI’s Eye Health Tips
Here are the eye health tips from the National Eye Institute (NEI)—a division of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Have a comprehensive dilated eye exam.
- Know your family’s eye health history.
- Eat right to protect your sight.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Wear protective eyewear.
- Quit smoking or never start.
- Be cool and wear your shades.
- Give your eyes a rest.
- Clean your hands and your contact lenses properly.
- Practice workplace eye safety.
To learn more about each of these tips in greater detail, visit the Eye Health Tips page of the NIH website.